Friday, November 13, 2009

Shaving. armpits?

Ok so I shave my armpits, and Im always getting ingrown hairs, How do I prevent that?



And Is there anyway to lighten the hair? Or slow down the growing rate?



Its just that I never feel comfortable wearing a tanktop or anything that will show my armpits cuz Im white, and the hair is black so its very noticeable, even right after shaving, I either have ingrown hairs or you can se black dots were hair is cut off at the surface. Its SO ANNOYING



\ANY TIPS ARE GREATLY APPRIECIATED!!! =]



Shaving. armpits?

change your razor blade frequently so it is nice and sharp, and NEVER shave dry. i really like my sensitive skin "intuition" razor- it makes sure your skin is lubricated and moisturized right before it meets the blade, which helps prevent irritation that can cause ingrown hairs.



oh and DON'T wax if you are prone to ingrown hairs, it makes them 100x worse!



Shaving. armpits?

i think you could wax the hair off



i shave 2



its suberb annoying



totally agrees



hair always grows back in month or so



Shaving. armpits?

Use Aveeno shaving cream to shave, let it sit a couple mins. BEFORE you take that razors to your underarms girl!...Take a little Babypowder (nice and white and soft...) BEFORE you go out/wear that tank top, and powder your underarms after you use a little deodarant (if you perspire/smell by nature)



Works for me!



Grace



Shaving. armpits?

Try using shaving gel on your underarms before you shave them, as if you were shaving your legs. Use a good razor.



If you're still getting irritation, I recommend using Sally Hansen's Medicated Zero Bumps Pads for Bikini and Underarms. You can find it at most any drugstore for about $5. They are great, and really help clear up skin irritation.



Shaving. armpits?

I don't know. But just shave evryday and use shaving gel.



Shaving. armpits?

Try waxing instead. Waxing pulls the hair out from the root. It may take a little more time but once you get the hang of it, you could do them in like 2 min. Waxing lasts longer, for about 2-3 weeks, depending on how fast your hair grows, and leaves your under arm skin softer. You won't get that razor burn feel or the stubble that happens with shaving. The brand that I find that is easy and not harsh on the skin is Nad's. You don't need to heat it up it doesn't smell harsh like the roll-on and wash off hair removals. I like the strawberry scented one. It is very easy to use. You could find it everywhere most drug stores have it. I get it from Walmart, it's cheaper, but I found it on this website too http://www.nads.com/flash.htm Hope that helps.



Shaving. armpits?

For the ingrown hairs, you could try using an after shave product. they make a number of them for the bikini area. I am sure they would work on your underarms too. Waxing hurts like hell on legs and eyebrows, I can just imagine what it would be like for arm pits. I would try some of the products available for bikini shaving before I resorted to the pain of waxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment