Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Is waxing the same as using an appliance which removes hairs from the root?

I have been using Braun Silk Epil for around 10 years now, but still consider myself pretty hairy....what I mean is, I don't think the hairs have gotten sparser or thinner. If I had been shaving would I have had a better result by now? Or is every person and their hair growth different? Also, when I use it on my bikini line, I get ingrown hairs. Would wax be better on this area?



Is waxing the same as using an appliance which removes hairs from the root?

The silk epil has a tendancy to break hairs instead of pulling them out by the root, as it may not get a firm enough grip before pulling them out, it may be a better result than shaving however.



I find waxing is more efficient, but you just have to make sure you exfoliate, or even just use a warm facecloth on the area and exfoliate with that, then moisturise, or use an anti-ingrown hair lotion on the area for atleast the two weeks after waxing or using the silk epil.



Is waxing the same as using an appliance which removes hairs from the root?

Shaving makes hairs grow in courser. So does waxing. Waxing just pulls out the hairs, but they still grow back. I shave my bikini line, but I have my eyebrows waxed. If the Epil is working for you, I would stick to that. What about that Nair stuff? Maybe someone else can comment on that. I have never used it.



Is waxing the same as using an appliance which removes hairs from the root?

I think it is the same thing... Both pull the hairs out by the roots. Maybe you could look into electrolysis? It is supposed to be permanent. Do some research on it for people in your area and check them out. It might be worth it. But also make sure they are certified.



Is waxing the same as using an appliance which removes hairs from the root?

Its the same concept, it just works different ways. With waxing and the appliances you still have no garuntee that it will work. Just like with laser treatment. I have been waxing my eyebrows for around 6-7 years now and they dont grow in as fast and with as much hair anymore. I had my legs waxed and now my hair grows in patchy because some hair didnt grow back. (Which is really nice) I have never used an appliance but maybe you should try waxing. I hated the experience but it was well worth it.



Now shaving is not uprooting the bulb it just cuts it off. So it grows back faster and more course. I shave my legs aswell and I find I have to do it daily just to keep up. Every persons hair grows differently, and thats why there are so many treatments that work on some but not on others. Like nair creams on me? Forget about it. Doesnt work. At all.



Now ingrowns can be a problem but the best way to avoid it is to exfoliate at the end of your shower. Usually I shave, exfoliate, then wash my body. Now even on days you dont shave you should exfoliate to prevent ingrowns from happening. I use a pomegrante scrub which exfoliates with crushed seeds. I recommend a course exfoliant if you have normal skin, and a moisturizing exfoliant (like a moisturizer with beads) if you have sensitive skin.



Waxing your bikini would be a very sensitive area. I would get it done professionally at least the first few times (though I recommend always using a professional) And make sure you ask her how to take care of it so It lasts longer. You are still at risk for ingrowns but if you exfoliate it will help out a lot better. Ditch the 10 year old appliance and head to the salon. Buy a gillette quattro (4 blade razor), great womens shaving cream, and Parrissa wax (i LOVE them) and experiment with what works on you.



Is waxing the same as using an appliance which removes hairs from the root?

yes



Is waxing the same as using an appliance which removes hairs from the root?

wax would be better

No comments:

Post a Comment