Friday, November 13, 2009

I don't think I did the right thing. if so, should i stop. PLEASE HELP!?

I am a 17 year old female with a 5 o clock shadow on her upper lips! Help it鈥檚 the most embarrassing thing!!!!! Ok well, I started accutane august 2006 and stopped using it at the end of October 2006. While that time on it, I wasn鈥檛 allowed to do anything to the facial hair. No Laser, waxing threading or anything because the skin is really sensitive when accutane is in your body. Knowing this, I resorted to shaving my face!! I know, I know it was the most foolish thing ever!!! I shaved from august all the way up to April-May 2007 because I had no other choice. I didn鈥檛 start any hair removing following October because you have to wait another 6 months for the Accutane to leave your body. So, then in april-may 2007 I started laser again. I was so relieved to go back because this dark shadow started forming above my upper lip. I thought it would go away with laser but guess what?? It didn鈥檛, I was soo upset! Because it looks like a mustache. The funny thing is, even after 5 treatments of laser it still hasn鈥檛 gone away. Also, there is absolutely no hair on my upper lip and it can鈥檛 be ingrown hairs because then I would have bumps on my upper lip. I know that it鈥檚 because of shaving all that time. The hair grew back thicker and thicker and I have dark hair soo it started appearing dark. Shaving also doesn鈥檛 take away hair from the roots so, half of the hair got shaved while the other half stayed beneath the surface of my skin. When I feel my upper lip there鈥檚 noo hair on it and even no bumps. So, what is this dark shadow above my upper lip?? I am seriously in dire need of help. I鈥檝e tried everything..from鈥endskin to bleach! I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP!!!



I don't think I did the right thing. if so, should i stop. PLEASE HELP!?

i think that you should probably go to a doctor or a skin therapist or whatever for this. people on here can't tell you what to do...half of them don't even know what they are talking about. i suggest that you go to a professional.



I don't think I did the right thing. if so, should i stop. PLEASE HELP!?

It seems that you have been having too many treatments, Accutance, shaving then laser. Shouldnt you do the laser at the most every 2 months instead of 5 treatments since Apr/May? I suggest you limit the laser treatment frequency to once per every 2-3 months. That way, the hairs have the chance to shed properly. Lasers actually burned off the hair right up to the root, so the hair will appear darker temporary, hence the 5'oclock shadow. When the hair falls off, the dark shadow will disappear.



I don't think I did the right thing. if so, should i stop. PLEASE HELP!?

is it a birth mark? try covering it with a light concealer to make the rest of your skin,



if you tan in the sun maybe cover that area with Zinc so it doesn't go any darker and try to match the color with a tan



goodluck



I don't think I did the right thing. if so, should i stop. PLEASE HELP!?

ok try waxing, they have lots of waxes for different types of skin so just pick one for sensitive skin.



dont shave anymore!



and go see a dermatologist to find out what the shadow is from and how to permanently get rid of it.



I don't think I did the right thing. if so, should i stop. PLEASE HELP!?

you should use some lightening/bleaching cream for ur skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment