Friday, November 13, 2009

Recurring Staph infections? What to do? Your story's?

We are batteling staph infections in my family. It all started in June when I (mom) had what i thought was an ingrown hair- I didn' t go to the doctor and had another boil on my stomach in august that i did go to the doctor and he gave me antibiotics and it drained and healed.



september rolls around and i notice a blister on my 18 month old sons bottom. i immediately knew what it was and took him to the doctor where he was prescribed antibiotics. It drained and was gone.



November rolls around and my husband gets boil on his belt line- ingrown hair. goes to doctor same thing antibiotics, drains and is ckeared.



tuesday: my now 21 month old son gets pimple on bottom take him to doctor, antibiotics were given. Thursday he is running a 104 fever and can't sit down. The boil is now 10 X its orginal size. Spend Thanksgiving in emergency room, they lance the boil and send him home. They were suppose to culture the wound but, when i called today they LOST the culture!



Recurring Staph infections? What to do? Your story's?

I don't blame you for being scared. Speak to your doctors about using Hibiclens liquid soap (chlorehexadine) once a day for 14 days. Your doctors may want it for 10 or 7. This is for the whole family. I think it is better than using household bleach in the bath water. If your doctors agree to prescribe, each family member will get 14 (or whatever) bottles. Wash with soap and water. Rinse. Apply Hibiclens straight out of the bottle, do not dilute. Soap well. Rinse. 24 hours after the last treatment, you all need to be recultured. Your respective doctor's can do this. You don't need a hospital.



Recurring Staph infections? What to do? Your story's?

I don't have any suggestions on what to do. you may want to look online for ways to prevent the infections or how to staph proof your house.

No comments:

Post a Comment